Thursday, August 18, 2011

Disney Flash Back Friday

Magical Days with the Mouse blog hop Flash Back Friday....     (sorry my netbook is having issues posting the blog hop button)

Hello everyone! Its that time again, for Disney Flash Back Friday :-) Sorry to say, but this weeks flash back was not fully researched much...I started a new job (after a 6 month job search) and have had to adjust to a new lifestyle... I am living with my parents during the week, so that my commute is only 15 minutes, rather than an hour from my home. My wife is looking for a place to live closer to my work, but in the meantime, we have to live apart. I miss my boys, and my wife, but this is a short term sacrifice that must be made in order to benefit my family. It has been over a year since we have visited Disneyland... We miss going, the entire family loved going. I have a lot of new Disney friends, that I have not met yet, and want to venture the park with.

Well getting along with my flash back, I perused my Photobucket account for pictures. I found this night shot of the California Adventure letters and entrance. Since the entrance has been redone, I figured this would be a nice flash back to use.


I remember taking this pic, late one evening after the parks had closed. I told Jenny, I wanted to test out our new camera's wide angle view. I'm glad to have this shot now, I took it well before plans were announced to begin re-construction of DCA.

I look forward to seeing the new changes to both parks. I am a huge Star Wars fan, so Star tours 2.0 is calling me so bad! I even had Chad from Days In the Park, purchase a R2D2 popcorn bucket for me before they were sold out. I am also very anxious to finally watch World of Color... I know its weird thinking such a Disney fan, who used to go at least 2 times a month if not more, has not seen WOC... but yes its true. LoL

Please follow the blog hop and check out the other Flash Back Fridays posted. Leave comments and maybe post your own Flash Back. Until next time, enjoy, and please share my blog with your friends.

5 comments:

  1. Great flashback and wonderful memory of the old entrance. As your shot depicts, I think it was truly a stunning sight to see. The new entrance is nice too. I think it will be fun seeing the new changes. And if you're a fan, I think you're really going to love Star Tours 2.0! PS - congrats on your job! Hope you guys find a new place to live soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Flashback!! :D Congrats on the new job! :D I hope you find a new place closer to work real soon! You'll all be together again before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shot, I have never been to CA to any of the parks so it's good to see the pictures. I wish tons of luck with your new job and wish you and your family well.
    PS I'm a huge Star Wars fan to and write post about SW on my blog..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss the letters! It looks so bare with them gone...
    Great shot with the wide angle lens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot! It's so weird that all of that is gone now. Congrats on your job, ad when you guys venture back to Disneyland WOC will be waiting for you. The good thing about seeing it now, is the fast passes don't run out in the morning. :) Thanks for joining in even with your new schedule.

    ReplyDelete